The Borland Laboratory, constructed in 1931, has served as a factory, classroom, laboratory, and also the former location of the famous Penn State Creamery. It is now the new state-of-the-art home for Penn State’s School of Arts and Architecture program. The renovated building includes new offices, classrooms, and a theatre. The graphics, art, and photography studios provide students with access to the latest technology. Tradesmen worked nearly 95,000 hours to preserve the original brick and stone façade, maintain the original architecture, and blend in new designs. The building’s interior walls were completely removed and replaced, and the perimeter walls were repaired and re-plastered. The project was completed March 2008.