Website Leonard S. Fiore, Inc.
Building Careers, Building Communities
When you start with Leonard S. Fiore, Inc., you’re kickstarting the beginning of a pipelayer’s career, not just a job. We’re ready to develop your skills, teach you new practices, and apply your knowledge to the best projects in our area.
PIPELAYER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Pipelayers are responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Candidates insure ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue.
Competitive, hourly rate based on experience.
This position will need to be available for mostly local work. OSHA 10-Hour a plus.
We’re looking for hard workers and team players who have strong attention to detail.
- Configure pipe routes.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Tell tractor driver where to move pipe in preparation for welding.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Correct alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, climb out of ditches
- Good team communication skills
- Speaks English
- Wear proper protective equipment at all times
- Reliable transportation to travel to jobsites
- Valid state Driver’s License
- Two years of experience
- Clean drug tests
- Merit shop contractor
- Competitive wages
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Life & health insurance participation
- On-going training opportunities made available
Leonard S. Fiore, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.